The Archives is the primary repository for all official administrative and historical records of the St. Louis Regional Community which is one of the twenty-five units of the Institute of the Sisters of Mercy of the Americas created in 1991. Prior to that, the Region was called St. Louis Province which was created in 1929 by the merger of eight Mother houses, several of which still maintain their own Archives Center. Administrative Records date from 1929 to the present. The collection consists primarily of paper records, but included also are electronic records, photographs, blueprints and memorabilia. MAJOR COLLECTIONS: Administrative Records of St. Louis Province (1929-1991); Union of the Sisters of Mercy in the United States of America (1929-1991); Federation of the Sisters of Mercy of the Americas (1965-1991); Houses and Ministries of the eight Former Mother houses founded in: Little Rock, Arkansas - 1851, Fort Scott, Kansas - 1886, New Orleans, Louisiana - 1869, Vicksburg, Mississippi - 1860, St. Louis, Missouri - 1856, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma - 1884, Refugio (Laredo), Texas - 1875, Stanton, Texas - 1894
2039 N. Geyer Rd.
St. Louis MO 63131-3399
Phone: (314) 966-4686
Fax: (314) 909-4631
Contact Name: Roberta Doelling, CA, Archivist